Gina Bornman | Feb 3, 2020 | 0
Celebrate the Month of Love at the SAB World of Beer
Join the SAB World of Beer to celebrate the month of love this February, with a Valentine’s week of beer tour and tasting packages.
The five-star tourist attraction has also themed the February monthly food and beer pairing, around Valentine’s Day, as another option for couples.
“We’re hoping to engage with existing beer lovers as well as those who would like to know more about this popular alcoholic beverage,” said Felicia Mokoena, SAB World of Beer Manager.
- Date: Saturday, 10 – 17 February 2018
- Times: 13h00 – 16h00 (Beer tour & tasting) / 13h00 – 16h00 (Food & beer pairing)
- Venue: SAB World of Beer, Newtown, Johannesburg
- Cost: R 360 – Beer tour & tasting package (per couple) / R 1 000 – Food & beer pairing (per couple)
VALENTINE’S DAY LUNCH MENU – SATURDAY, 17 FEBRUARY (ONLY)
The food and beer pairing is catering for couples to share in a journey of mouthfeel, flavours and aromas of each of the six beers, which are enhanced with each bite of food.
SAB Trade Brewer, Anton Erasmus, guides guests through the five-course meal paired with the beers.
- Smoked salmon rosettes on a toasty bruschetta with cream cheese and deep-fried capers – paired with Flying Fish Lemon
- Strawberry sorbet
- Fillet of springbok carved on creamy mashed potato with a pink peppercorn sauce, pearl vegetable and crispy pancetta – paired with Carling Blue Label
- Deep fried crumbed camembert cheese wedge with red onion marmalade served with a mini baguette – paired with Carling Black label
- Decadent chocolate brownie with espresso anglaise, berry coulis, vanilla ice cream and a phyllo fan – Paired with Castle Milk Stout and a Fransen Street Cream Ale.
In your comments, please refrain from using offensive language and unnecessary criticism. If you have to be critical, remember – it must be constructive.