PEPPADEW® is not just famous for its piquanté pepper. It’s a whole lot more – encompassing a range of products that are always world-class quality, delicious, and ideal additions to a vast array of meal options..
The fame of the fabulous PEPPADEW® piquanté pepper that has delighted consumer palates around the world since 1995 has contributed to the conviction that the PEPPADEW®is the piquanté pepper. But PEPPADEW® is the brand – and the PEPPADEW® product range extends way beyond the first sweet and very zesty, little red piquanté pepper.
The PEPPADEW® range incorporates 27 mouth-watering products such as jalapeño variants – hot or mild, slices, cones or halves; mango and vegetable atchars – hot or mild; pickled onions – hot or mild, light or dark; a selection of pasta sauces that includes green pepper and garlic, piquanté pepper and garlic, piquanté pepper and olive, tomato and jalapeño, and tomato and basil; relishes – hot and mild piquanté pepper, jalapeño and ginger, and hamburger; and hot and mild piquanté pepper splash-on™ sauces.
Creating accomplished chefs in every kitchen…
The flagship products in the PEPPADEW®offering remain the much-loved range of sweet piquanté pepper products, known for their fresh and crunchy texture, sweet taste, vibrant red colour, excellent quality, and amazing versatility, and include mild and hot, whole, chopped, and slices, and the ‘stand at the open fridge and fill your mouth’ sweet piquanté peppers filled with cream cheese.
There is no day that doesn’t deserve a PEPPADEW® zing – breakfast, lunch, or dinner, and any in-between snack. From sandwiches, pastas and pizzas, to stews and soups, grilled, fried, or roasted chicken, fish, beef, lamb, pork, or game, salads and vegetables, and braais and potjies, the options are endless.
Impress your guests with this fabulous Peppadew® inspired Lamb Tagine recipe:
Lamb Tagine with Peppadew®Piquanté Peppers
½ jar Peppadew®Mild Piquanté Peppers, including the pickling liquid
1 tbsp fresh ginger, chopped
1 tbsp fresh garlic, chopped
1 tbsp freshly ground black pepper
1 tbsp salt
2 tbsp smoked sweet paprika
125 mlolive oil
4 brown onions, peeled and quartered
3 bay leaves
2 cinnamon sticks
10 lamb forequarter chops or approx. 600 g of lamb stewing meat
10 pitted dates
2 oranges, juiced
- In a container large enough to fit the all the lamb, combine the onions, paprika, saffron, ginger, garlic, bay leaves, cinnamon, salt, pepper and olive oil.
- Then gently add the lamb and massage in the spice rub and allow to marinate overnight or for a minimum of four hours.
- Remove meat from the marinade then brown in a heavy-based sauce pan until golden over a medium heat.
- Add the marinade to the sauce pan with the water, orange juice and the pickling liquid from the Peppadew®Mild Piquanté Peppers, cover and simmer for 45 minutes.
- Then add the Peppadew®Mild Piquanté Peppers and the dates and simmer for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat, adjust seasoning and allow to stand for 15 minutes before serving.
- Transfer to a warm tagine, serve with a handful of coriander on top, couscous and some Peppadew®Hot Mango Atchar on the side.
Note: If you have a proper tagine, after marinating the meat overnight, all ingredients may be combined and braised in the tagine for about three hours or until the meat is tender.
In your comments, please refrain from using offensive language and unnecessary criticism. If you have to be critical, remember – it must be constructive.