New Boutique Hotel Brand launches in SA
Home* Suite Hotels launches first hotel in Joburg
“Imagine the sense of excitement when visiting a friend’s exquisite house and then the feeling of warmth when you are welcomed and made to feel completely at home. That’s what we’re trying to create with Home* Suite Hotels” say Lucid Ventures founder Gidon Novick. Lucid Ventures, the R350M 12J Hotel Fund announced today the launch of its unique boutique hotel brand in the South African market.
The 25-80 key hotels, targeted at discerning business travellers and well-travelled tourists, are located in key, trendy urban and commercial nodes across South Africa. The first hotel is located on the corner of Oxford and Bristol Roads in Rosebank, Johannesburg. A second Rosebank hotel is being developed and another in Sandton. Three hotels are planned for Cape Town in Sea Point, Gardens and De Waterkant.
SLOW lounge designer Tonic responded to a cutting-edge design brief with a stunning use of colour and lighting not previously seen in the local market. “South Africa lags cosmopolitan cities like Berlin and Paris in hotel design and so we decided to push the boundaries” says Phillipe Van Der Merwe, founder of Tonic Design.
“The gap is for travellers looking for both the facilities of a large international hotel brand and the intimacy of smaller boutique hotel”
While location and design are important, service is the magical ingredient. “Each and every member of the team regardless of their functional role is responsible for creating an outstanding guest experience. We only hire people thatget pleasure from helping others.”
Home* Suite Hotels guests can look forward to:
– Hotels centrally located with a local suburban feel
– Large windows for maximum natural light with thick blackout curtains for good sleep
– Courageous design that enhancesthe surrounding area
– Hypnos Beds used by royalty, literally ‘fit for the queen’
– Home-style, accessible meals served in the open plan kitchen
– Locally roasted “Best in Jozi” Father branded coffee
– Sundowners on the roof pool deck to wind down the day
– A help yourself larder for the midnight munchies
– An executive meeting room for off-site strategy sessions
– Chromecast in room entertainment system
– Gym access at Virgin Active clubs in the area
– Seamless check in and check out – the least fun part of your trip
– A resident dog adopted from a local shelter
– ‘Suite Pleasure’ menu…
“We’ve pulled together an exceptional team to build the most desirable hotel experience in South Africa” concluded Novick.
In your comments, please refrain from using offensive language and unnecessary criticism. If you have to be critical, remember – it must be constructive.