THE PINNACLE OF EVOLUTION
Domination Reaches New Heights with the Curry 6 from Under Armour...
Apollo Brands, the official distributor of Under Armour in South Africa, has announced the unveiling of Curry 6 the brand’s latest innovation in footwear for Basketball Players. Curry 6, now available to South African consumers, is the newest release in the Curry series modelled after Stephen Curry the professional NBA player.
Chapters have been written about the evolution of basketball over the 127 years since Dr. James Naismith introduced the game to students in Springfield, MA.
Occasionally, someone introduces a new element and the game enters a new era. But until now, no one had been (dis)credited with ruining the game quite like 3-time World Champion and 2-time NBA MVP Stephen Curry. Stephen hasn’t just bent the game of basketball; he’s broken it. An athlete with a game-changing style of play like Stephen’s requires a cutting-edge shoe to take into action on a daily basis.
“The Curry 6 gives me the ultimate confidence that no matter what move I try, change of direction, change of speed, the amount of wear and tear I put on my body over the course of 48 minutes, that it is going to ride with me the whole way.”
– Stephen Curry
“Stephen Curry runs about 2.3 miles per game, and that’s why we wanted to design a shoe that was more like a running shoe for him. We added full-length HOVR to provide impact absorption and energy return.”– Leon Gu, Designer of the Curry 6
This high volume of movement change makes it essential that the Curry 6 provides best in class traction. The Under Armour biomechanics team dug into all of Stephen’s movements to help inform the design, helping build a split outsole design that increases court contact for superior traction. Product DNA includes:
- A full-length HOVR midsole contained within an energy web and embedded into the outsole of the Curry 6 provides a cushioned, close-to-ground feel and explosive return
- A fully knit upper made of polyester yarn offers a breathable, compression-like fit to deliver lightweight directional strength
- An external heel counter adds to overall stability and support offering
- A full-length speed plate keeps you on the balls of your feet, so you can blow right by defenders
- The split outsole design increases court contact for superior traction
- Unique outsole pattern for added traction and flexibility in the toe box
Modelled around the internationally known The Fox Theatre in Oakland, California represents where the town has been, and where it’s going. The Oakland marquee adorning the theatre has always been its calling card, especially at night – bright neon’s catch the eye no matter where you are downtown. The Curry 6 Fox Theatre colourway recreates this magic with neon colours throughout the outsole, midsole and lacing system, all framed against a black upper.
In your comments, please refrain from using offensive language and unnecessary criticism. If you have to be critical, remember – it must be constructive.